The old tin garage we had in the northern germnany refuge was well over its time. It even had to be reinforced by two construction supports inside and it was rusty, full of holes, leaky and completely askew. Pretty normal after twenty years of being subjected to the elements. It was ok.

So we decided to tear it down and build a new one, but after much pondering and conceptioning on how to do it best, we eventually ended up handing the task to a local company that we know very well. And after seeing the first 50% of the work being done, we’re that glad that we didn’t try this on our own:

It took them three days and about 10 wheelbarrows of concrete to set up the structure. The ground is very uneven and the soil is hard as rock here, so they really had to work like dogs to get everthing done. Now we’ll have to wait for 14 days for the concrete to cure decently, then the bwork can continue.