This is the Drying-Box that I made the last few days. Originally no more than a standard wooden box from the hardware store.
It is intended for the process of drying previously cured meat before smoking it. (The gemran word is “brennen”, I don’t know the english term.) It can be used in two ways: “Brennen” as mentioned, and as a drying box for making things like beef jerky or biltong, etc. by adding an ordinary light bulb.
- Old computer fan for air circulation (12V), with a connector for a regular power supply.
- Air vents on the bottom on both sides.
- Optional facility for adding in a 100W light bulb at the back side, for when making jerky etc.
- Aluminium tray inside for catching drips and easy cleaning.
- Hanging racks for the meat.
- Handle for throwing it away.
Next weekend it’ll be tried out.