I welded together a rotisserie mostly from scraps in the shop! I wanted it to fit into the grate slots of my stone barbecue grill so I had to design it exactly to size. I also had to grind up an idea on where to put the electric motor since, in my case, there are walls in exactly the spot where all the store bought ones have their drive.

What I eventually ended up with was 90° angle gear drive for power drills to foward the motors rotation to the spit and I also added an aluminium heat deflector sheet (I hope this works). Now I’ll just have to dig up some decent rooster and invite some frost-resistant friends to try it out.