Here is another recovery/upcycling project which I finished yesterday. I found an old and dirty potato press on eBay that I was able to restore sufficiently to fulfill my needs. Now it won’t crush any potatoes anymore, but serve as a larger vessel for pressing homemade cheese instead 馃檪

Restoration was not that easy, since rust and stain were surprisingly hard to remove. A lengthy treatment in my anti-rust bubblebath got rid of the surface rust, and wire brushes, abrasives and elbow grease got rid of the remaining stains. Well, almost.

I like my “british racing green” hammerite paint from the bread cutter project very much, so I used it again right away. As a finishing touch, I applied a very thin coat of vegetable oil to the blank parts for rust protection.